Diamond Certifying Boards
AGS (American Gem Society)
- The American Gem Society was established in 1934 with a vision to create an association of fine jewelry retailers dedicated to setting and maintaining the highest possible standards of business ethics and professionalism in the jewelry industry.
EGL USA (European Gemological Laboratory)
- EGL USA is one of the world's premier independent gemological laboratories. For over 25 years it has offered the fine jewelry trade and consumers accurate, reliable gemstone identification and professional certification to validate their gemstone purchases.
EGL Worldwide (European Gemological Laboratory)
- Grading diamonds is not an exact science, rather an applied science or discipline based on judgement, competence and the experience of the gemologists. To maintain our reputation for accuracy and consistency we have defined criteria and standard procedures which are adhered to by the EGL laboratories.
Jewelers of America
- Trade organization for retail jewelers. Consumer information, membership, and affiliates.
The Jewelers Vigilance Committee
- Providing education and self-regulation to the jewelry industry. Members operate under the highest standards of business practice after pledging to comply with all laws applicable to the jewelry industry and make accurate representations about the products they sell.